Thursday 7 April 2011

About Sharon Tenenbaum

Welcome to my Blog. 
My name is Sharon Tenenbaum and I live in Vancouver British Columbia (B.C.).

I started my life as an engineer and worked as a P. Eng for 6 years before I decided to embark on a career change into Photography.  I strive to create images that you show something in a way you haven’t seen it before – a photo that will make you go WOW, at least I try J.

I started my photography career while traveling in South East Asia and seeing the world thru the lens of a camera, returning to Vancouver I had to rediscover my ‘backyard’ thru a new set of eyes.  Seeing things and places in a ‘different way’.  Naturally, because of my engineering background, I was drown to Bridges, which gave birth to my Bridges portfolio and my Capilano Suspension Bride Image which won first place in the 2008 International Photography Awards for Architecture – Bridges category.


Capilano Suspension Bridge
First Place in the 2008 International Photography Awards for Architecture, Bridges 

Kamloops Pedestrian Bridge
Example of Daytime Long Exposure with subject of a Bridge

While developing my own style I came across Daytime Long Exposure Photography.  I was mesmerized by the elegance, simplicity and beauty of the images that combined motion with stagnant objects. However, I found that the majority of these daytime long exposure fine art black and white images were of predominantly nature landscapes.  To develop my own style, I decided to incorporate this technique with my passion of bridges and architectural photography.

I found that allot of people would ask me: ‘How did you do that?’ This triggered my E-Book: How to Create Long Exposure Fine Art Photography



E-Book: How to Create Long Exposure Fine Art Photography

In this blog, I want to send out to the world topics in photography that not only about dry and technical information about cameras and photography but also about the nature of following your passion, embarking on a career change and the difference between good and great photography, although the techies will also find some useful tips J.

Thank you for stopping bye and I hope you enjoy the stories I have to share.
Sharon Tenenbaum, Vancouver B.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment